Objective: SEN records vibration, temperature and relative humidity data during any phase of the space mission.
SEN device: The recording of vibration, temperature and humidity data is required by the scientists to evaluate the impact of physical stresses on biological experiments. SEN allows biological and environmental data comparison.
Hardware performance: The EU is designed to guarantee data acquisition of triaxial acceleration, temperature and relative humidity during space missions. Data acquisition sampling rate is fully programmable according to the preloaded timeline which is executed following the onboard Real Time Clock. With regard to power supply, SEN operates interfaced to the ESA KUBIK(1) incubator but it can be easily adapted to different power sources.
On the other hand, the EBU back-up battery system allows SEN to operate autonomously.
SEN EU is characterized by:
• Programmable acquisition rate according to a preloaded timeline.
• 1 Gbyte FLASH memory capability.
Recording capability also during KUBIK power down and installation inside BIOKIT for launch and return.
SEN measurement accuracy:
• Tri Axial Acceleration:
– Measurement Range: [± 2g ±6g; Hardwire programmable]
– Bandwidth: [0 to 4000 (Hz) x and y axes, 0 to 2500 (Hz) z axis; -3dB, typical]
– Non-Linearity: [±0.6% typical, ±2% max; % of full scale output]
– Operating temperature: [-40 to +85 (°C); Powered]
– Storage temperature: [-40 to +150 (°C); Unpowered]
• Temperature measurement range:
– [-40°C to +5 (°C); accuracy is ≈ ± 1 °C]
– [+5°C to +40 (°C); accuracy is ≈ ± 0.5 °C]
• Humidity measurement range:
– [0 to +10 %; accuracy is ≈ ± 3 %]
– [10 to +90 %; accuracy is ≈ ± 2 %]
– 90 to +100 %; accuracy is ≈ ± 3 %]